Sunday, March 30, 2008

Central District Green Development

On a tip from Sorin, a visitor to this site, I took a bike ride down to 1411 E. Fir Street to check out a green townhouse development. The Seattle P-I has a write-up on the development in its blog section that shows some interior photos and goes into detail about its green features.


Sorin was especially interested in the layout of the complex and how it encouraged interaction between the residents. The shared boardwalk, the glass sliding doors, and low fences surely contribute to community building.


I was also happy to see a P-patch at the corner of 14th and Fir. I don't know anything about the development behind it (yet) but it got me to thinking of using the open space in a townhouse development as a place to garden.

No comments: